Officially Adams and Adams Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Adams and Adams Learnerships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
Adams and Adams is a worldwide recognised African law firm, specialising in commercial services as well as intellectual property. Adams and Adams have offices located all around the African continent, reflecting their leadership through their groundbreaking work and professional client relationships.
The Adams and Adams Secretarial Training Academy was established in 2000 with the main goal being to provide assistance to previously disadvantaged individuals by training them to become secretaries. The Academy is Services SETA accredited for the FET Certificate in Business Administration Services (NQF-4).
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Duration: 12 months
Number of positions available: 12
Adams and Adams is offering a Secretarial Trainee learnership opportunity. This programme is open to 12 candidates and aims to provide the necessary training needed to ensure that the candidates gain the necessary knowledge and skills needed to be employed in any secretarial position. Adams and Adams also offers candidates a monthly stipend during the programme.
The programme will run for a duration of 1 year and will commence on 1 March 2022 and end on 28 February 2023. In the first 5-6 months of the programme, the candidates will develop their typing and keyboard skills as well as get an introduction into both the general workplace and legal environment.
Only candidates who have successfully completed this phase will move on to phase 2/ the second half of the programme. The second phase focuses mostly on preparing the candidates for the ‘real-life work environment’ and concentrates on advanced audio typing, typing speed, presentations and spreadsheets, as well as other necessary secretarial skills, such as writing letters and memos, note-taking, responsibility, taking initiative, as well as preparing different types of necessary correspondence.
Candidates will partake in practical training, a mid-year exam, as well as an astringent final exam, and the training during the programme will consist of departments such as Trade Marks, Patents, Commercial and Conveyancing. In order to pass this programme and achieve an NQF-4 in Business Administration Services, the candidates would need to pass thorough keyboarding, computer, and logistic skills test.
What will the course content consist of:
- Computing (including MS Word, Ms Excel and MS PowerPoint Skills)
- Audio Typing
- Typing speed (with a goal of 60 words per minute)
- Legal Theory
- Basic Accounting
- Basic English- reading, writing, advanced spelling, and comprehension
- Written and Spoken English for business purposes
- Telephone Etiquette
- Professional image and grooming
- Life Skills
- Time Management
- Financial planning
- Practical training (this consists of secretarial and administration)
- Business Administration Services Qualification (learnership): Module 1 – Administration processes; Module 2 – Information and Communication; Module 3 – Work in an office, Module 4 – Problem-solving and admin; Module 5- Teamwork
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed Matric with Computer Technologies as a subject
- Must have completed a post-Matric qualification with Typing or Keyboarding and MicroSoft Office applications, with a minimum typing speed of 25 words per minute
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
- Must be fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Must be hard-working
- Must be willing to learn
- Must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- Must show an interest in becoming a secretary within the legal environment, especially intellectual property
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Adams and Adams Learnerships: Secretarial Trainee (Pretoria, Gauteng)
(Reference number: AA-430)
Submit the following documents along with your online application (these documents are mandatory and without them your application will be disqualified):
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A recent, professional profile picture
- A copy of your Identity Document
- Copies of all your relevant qualifications
- Please send your CV as well as the relevant documents as a single attachment
- This programme is hands-on and full-time, and therefore can be very physically and mentally demanding
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Adams and Adams directly:
Telephone number: 012 432 6000
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.