Officially Basic Education Employment Initiative South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Basic Education Employment Initiative South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
The Department of Basic Education is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees primary and secondary education in South Africa.
The Basic Education Employment Initiative provides job opportunities to Young people from 18 – 35, to be placed in schools for training opportunities
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: various locations across South Africa
Stipend: R3 817 per month (minus R38 UIF)
Duration:5 months (1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022)
The Department of Basic Education is inviting unemployed youth to apply for phase 2 of the Basic Education Employment Initiative. The aim of the programme is to provide education assistant placement at public and LSEN schools across South Africa.
The DBE are looking for 287 000 unemployed youth people, to gain employment and training opportunities in the education sector – approximately 192 000 Education Assistants and 95 000 General School Assistants will be selected.
This programme forms part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus (PES), which aims to decrease the devastating economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Candidates will receive training on various skills that will equip them for future employment opportunities.
Types of programmes offered:
Candidates will be placed in schools for 5 months (starting on 1 November 2021 and ending on 31 March 2022), for the following opportunities:
- Education Assistant – Curriculum (Matric is required)
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres (Matric is required)
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions (Matric is required)
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker (Matric is required)
- General School Assistant – Handyman (No Matric is required)
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (No Matric is required)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be between 18 and 35 years old (and NOT turn 36 before 31 March 2022)
- Must NOT be currently in education or training
- Must NOT be receiving any form of government grant (including NSFAS or Funza Lushaka)
- Must have a clear criminal record
- Must live within walking distance of the school
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Education Assistant requirements:
- Must have passed English in Matric
- Advantageous: NQF Level 4, NQF Level 6 or NQF Level 7 qualification certificate
- Must be able to work well with people (alone or in group setting)
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be a good listener
- Must have a keen interest in academics
General School Assistant requirements:
- Advantageous: completed Matric (not essential for Infrastructure support and Sports and Enrichment Agents)
- Advantageous: Trade certificates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Basic Education Employment Initiative
Candidates must create a profile and submit their application.
Please do not submit your application in-person, due to Covid19 restrictions.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and requested to submit the following documents – ensure that you have them ready:
- Certified copy of ID document or passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Testimonials (from former school, local chief, church leader, etc)
- Police clearance certificates
- Affidavit/Declaration by applicant stating he/she has no criminal record while awaiting the Police clearance
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copy of other required qualifications, where applicable
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact SA Youth Guides directly:
Telephone number: 0800 72 72 72 (toll-free)
Contact hours: 07:30 to 17:00
DBE contact page: https://www.education.gov.za/AboutUs/ContacttheDBE.aspx
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.