Bayer: Crop Science – Plant Health Internships South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Bayer: Crop Science – Plant Health Internships South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Bayer is a successful Life Science company that’s been established for over 150-years. They specialise primarily in the agricultural and health care industries. Bayer aims to contribute to finding solutions for many of the challenges we face in the world.
Bayer is committed to growing farmers and developing smallholders, as such, they have teamed up with Grain SA and many journalists to broadcast the successes of many beneficiaries of Grain Sout Africa’s Farmer Development program.
Bayer believes that the key to ending poverty, food scarcities, malnutrition, and unemployment is to participate and actively help develop emerging farmers and small-holders. Bayer aims to continuously do this by being a contributor to the well-being of our planet, communities, and people. They also aim to establish and grow a sustainable and successful agricultural platform in the country and the world by focusing on the agricultural necessities, such as financing; giving emerging farmers the best possible training by increasing investments; ensuring harvests are actively improved all whilst using valuable resources, such as water, more sparingly.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Petit, Benoni, Gauteng
Duration: 1 year
Bayer is offering an internship opportunity to a candidate who is interested in the field of Plant Health. This programme will allow the individual to gain practical experience, become part of a hard-working and supportive team as well as learn from industry professionals. The candidate will provide assistance to the Plant Health team in the delivery of maize germplasm phenotyping for the deployment of native traits and market-relevant biotic and abiotic stresses.
What the Company and the Programme offer you:
- An internship that will test your skills and abilities
- A work environment that is dynamic and includes a multitude of different people
Guidance that is excellent
- A flexible work environment allowing time for studies
- An environment where creativity and initiative is encouraged
- An environment that will allow for excellent personal development
Key Performance Areas of the Programme:
- The perimeter of Responsibility- Ensuring that plant breeding is organised
- Providing support to the operations of glasshouse, winter and summer winter phenotyping nurseries; ensuring that they are looked after safely, efficiently and at a high standard. (This is to produce a large quality data for selection decisions pertaining to breeding)
- Providing support to field operations (rating and pathogen inoculation) and laboratory operations (disease diagnosis and pathogen inoculum production)
- Working with the Pipeline Delivery and Seed Production team in inventory management and seed production.
- Successfully handling analysis and data by familiarising yourself with-digital tools in data collection/databases/systems.
- Must ensure continuous compliance is maintained to Health & Safety regulations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Science/ Master of Science in Horticulture, Pathology, Biological Sciences or Agriculture
- Must have knowledge of plant pathology/mycology and/or genetics
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral)
- Must be able to work well and successfully on your own
- Must have an eye for detail and be proactive
- Must have excellent communication skills in language, presentation and communication
- Must have excellent record keeping and organization skills
- Must have excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Must have the ability to meet all deadlines
- Must have excellent attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted by email APPLY
(Reference Code: CS/Breeding/PH/Intern)
Attach the following documents to your application form:
- A copy of your Identity Document
- A copy of relevant Academic Transcripts
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Bayer directly:
Telephone number: 011 921 5700
Email address: email@example.com
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.