ABOUT THE COMPANY – CANON COLLINS & RMTF
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details
The Canon Collins Trust has been running scholarship programmes since 1981, for students from southern African countries. The Trust has supported over 4 000 scholars, from 14 countries and today the Trust offers undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for study in South Africa, the UK, Ireland and Malawi.
Ros and Terry were inspirational figures within the Education sector, in London. Since 2001, friends and family have raised funds in the memory of Ros and Terry, to be used to award scholarships to deserving students.
ABOUT THE CANON COLLINS RMTF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Canon Collins Trust, partnered with the Ros Moger and Terry Furlong (RMTF) group, are inviting non-South African students to apply for scholarship funding for the 2022 academic year.
The scholarship will cover Postgraduate studies in Education (Masters or PhD), with discipline or research focus on the following themes:
1) Access to education in southern Africa
2) Improving the quality of education in southern Africa
MORE ABOUT THE CANON COLLINS RMTF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The scholarship will cover a maximum of 2 years of Masters students and a maximum of 3 years for PhD students. Funding will be awarded for subsequent years based on satisfactory academic performance. The value of the scholarship will be in the range of R20 000 to R100 000, depending on student circumstances.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application during October 2021 – this correspondence will be sent via email. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview between October and November 2021, and thereafter, final successful applicants will be informed in December 2021.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANON COLLINS RMTF SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a national of Botswana, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia or Lesotho
- You must have refugee status in Botswana, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia or Lesotho
- You must reside in Botswana, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia or Lesotho
- You must have completed a first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or you must be graduating in 2021
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Postgraduate qualification (Masters or PhD) in Education
- You may be studying full-time, part-time or via distance learning
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a university in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CANON COLLINS RMTF SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship Application
Students must download and read the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship Guidelines (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document, Birth Certificate, Passport or Driver’s License (certified copy)
- Degree certificates, if available (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (certified copy)
- 2 latest payslips, if employed
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to submit 2 letters of reference, relating to your suitability for the scholarship (1 from your current or most recent academic supervisor AND 1 from your employer if employed or 1 from voluntary work if never been employed, or 2 academic references).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CANON COLLINS RMTF SCHOLARSHIP
9 August 2021 at 16:00 (15:00 BST).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Canon Collins directly:
Tel: +44 020 3770 0395
Contact page: https://www.canoncollins.org/contact-us/
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 6 August 2021.