City of Johannesburg Internship: Executive Directors Office South Africa 2022-2023How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship: Executive Directors Office South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein, Gauteng
Department: Community Development
Branch: Executive Directors Office
Salary: between R3 500 and R8 329.27 (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract period: maximum 12 months
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Library and Information Services Directorate, Community Development Department are inviting youth residing within Johannesburg to apply for the internship programme. The aim of of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The main goal of the intern is to: administrative functions within the department, including: admin and logistical support by way of assets management, fleet services, telephone and cellular telephone management, maintenance issues and general procurement tasks.
Key Learning Areas:
- Providing admin and support services to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of the Housing Department.
- Ordering Assets and Stationery for the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
- Hand delivering restricted Performance Information documents to relevant Departments within the City.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have be studying towards an Office Administration National Diploma or N6 qualification
- Must be in need of in service training to complete your studies
- Must be fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Must be able to work long hours when requested
- Must be computer literate and be able to work in MS Office
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be organised
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to organise, plan and prioritise work
- Must be analytical
- Must have strong research skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information and maintain privacy
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: Executive Directors Office
(Reference number: 008/2021)
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualifications with a confirmation letter from the tertiary institution, proof of residence and an application letter.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Noluthando Sihlala directly:
Telephone number: 011 407 7035 / 011 407 7198
Physical address: 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein. Metropolitan Centre.
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.