City of Johannesburg Internship: Group Finance Department South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship: Group Finance Department South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Braamfontein, Gauteng (61 Thuso House, Jorissen Street)
Department: Group Finance: Revenue Shared Services Centre
Branch: Customer Relations Services Centre
Salary: R8 329.27/ month (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract period: maximum 18 months
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Group Finance Department are inviting youth residing within Johannesburg to apply for the internship programme. The aim of of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The intern will be responsible for: providing customer contacts with a high level of customer service, via various media platforms (via telephone, in writing, e-services and if occasionally customer visits). Interns will be required to use their initiative to solve majoring of customer queries within the Customer Interface environment, and achieving targets as set out by the R&CRM department.
Key Learning Areas:
- Performing general administration duties.
- Using the customer interface and resources available, to handle customer details and service requests.
- Receiving and processing customer requests on the CRM system, in line with standards set by the R&CRM.
- Logging queries on the CRM, in line with standards set by the R&CRM.
- Monitoring the work status on opened calls.
- Processing reconnections of municipal owned entities.
- Forwarding unresolved queries to the relevant department for further assistance.
- Initiating credit control procedures: making debt arrangements with customers, as well as opening and closing accounts in line with CoJ policies/ procedures.
- Initiating social package processes, methods and systems.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have completed a relevant National Diploma or Degree qualification
- Must be computer literate
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to work longer hours when requested
- Must have knowledge of local government (advantageous but not essential)
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to take initiative and use discretion
- Must pay close attention to detail
- Must have a high levels of accuracy in all work completed
- Must have good planning and organisational skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to negotiated
- Must be able to conflict manage
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Must have good research and information gathering skills
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be accountable and dependable
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must be able to liaise with customers
- Must have good influencing skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and deliver high quality standards of work
- Must be ethical and be able to handle information with confidentiality
- Must have strong customer and service delivery management (Batho Pele) ethics
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: Group Finance Department
(Reference number: 006/2020)
Please send all relevant documentation with your application:
- Application letter
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copy of relevant Qualifications
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Gontse Segole directly:
Telephone number: 011 628 4199
Workplace: 61 Thuso House, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.