City of Johannesburg Internship South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Various Regions within the City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
Department: Housing Department
Branch: Arts, Culture and Heritage
Salary: between R3 500 and R8 329.27 (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract period: maximum 18 months
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Housing Department are inviting youth residing within Johannesburg to apply for the internship programme. The aim of of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The main goal of the intern is to:
- assist with implementation of policies,
- managing budget and financial controls,
- managing staff,
- managing public programs,
- ensure security in the museum,
- assist with marketing and promotion of the museum,
- ensure museum facilities are kept in good order,
- develop a strategic vision for the museum,
- communicate with partners and stakeholders,
- ensure the museum adheres to international museum standards,
- managing loans and collections.
Key Learning Areas:
- managing financial aspects of the museum.
- create, formulating and manage programs and activities.
- manage staff, schedules and activities.
- manage the facility and admin thereof.
- promote and market the museum.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have completed one of the following qualifications: BA or Honors degree in History / Anthropology / Heritage / Social Science OR Business Management / Public Administration (NQF 7) Development Studies / Public Administration
- Must have general knowledge of art galleries and museums
- Must have knowledge of GRAP 103
- Must be willing to work late/ odd hours (including weekends and public holidays)
- Must be able to work in a team, as well as manage and collaborate a team
- Must be dependable and accountable
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have good networking skills
- Must have project management skills
- Must have people skills
- Must have good organising and planning skills
- Must be customer service orientated (Batho Pele principles)
- Must have strong HR Values + CoJ Values
- Must have a sense of integrity
- Must withhold professional conduct
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: Arts, Culture and Heritage
(Reference number: 008/2021)
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualifications with a confirmation letter from the tertiary institution, proof of residence and an application letter.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Thato Sepuru directly:
Telephone number: 011 407 7198
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.