City of Johannesburg Internship: Sports and Recreation South Africa 2022-2023 How to Apply
We(zainfo.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about City of Johannesburg Internship: Sports and Recreation South Africa 2022-2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Johannesburg is a flourishing city that prospected in 1886 with the location of gold in Witwatersrand. Today, Johannesburg is a city that offers many job opportunities and is a major attraction of success.
Growing from a small settlement to a big city, Johannesburg has been the epicentre of many famous events as well as a lucrative factor in the South African economy. The mission of the City of Johannesburg is to provide excellent service and ensure community participation in government by managing and developing the city effectively.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Various Regions within the City of Johannesburg
Department: Community Development
Branch: Sports and Recreation
Salary: between R3 500 and R8 329.27 (costs to company with no benefits)
Contract period: maximum 12 months
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Library and Information Services Directorate, Community Development Department are inviting youth residing within Johannesburg to apply for the internship programme. The aim of of the programme is to allow students to experience on-the-job exposure and attain academic qualifications as a pre or post requirement for academic qualifications in accordance with the increasing demands of the tertiary institution.
The main goal of the intern is to: perform managerial tasks in relation to sport and recreation facilities and programmes, and manage the regions sport and recreation section.
Key Learning Areas:
- Managing financial matters at the recreation facility.
- Implementing and managing programs and activities (including outreach programs).
- Managing or assisting with managing staff, schedules and activities.
- Managing the facility and administration.
- Implementing research and development results.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in Johannesburg
- Must be between 18 and 35 years
- Must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have completed a NQF 4 AND a 3 year Social Sciences tertiary qualification, specialising in Sports and Recreation or NQF level 6
- Must be computer literate and be able to work in MS Word and Excel
- Must be fluent in English and at least 1 other language
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict
- Must pay close attention to detail
- Must have strong report writing skills
- Must have strong financial management skills
- Must have strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be organised
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be done online for the following position:
City of Johannesburg Internship: Sports and Recreation
(Reference number: 008/2021)
Please send all relevant documentation with your application: certified copy of Identity Document, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, a copy of relevant Qualifications with a confirmation letter from the tertiary institution, proof of residence and an application letter.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Nonjabula Sibiya directly:
Telephone number: 011 407 6039
Note: If you have Questions, suggestions or corrections regarding this post, kindly make use of the comment box below.