ABOUT THE COMPANY – DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Department of Public Works Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is a ministry of the South African government, responsible for providing and managing the other South African government ministries with property management and accommodation services.
The DPW’s strategic pillars include: job creation; effective and efficient strategic asset management; relationship and role of the DPW with parliament and government; the departments relationship with stakeholders; the regulation and transformation of property and construction industries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The DPW are investing in its people by offering external bursary awards to deserving students. Bursaries will be awarded within fields relevant to the core business of the Department, namely:
- Construction Project Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Landscape Architect
- Quantity Surveying
The DPW bursary award will cover the following fees: tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a monthly allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within a field related to the core business of the DPW (as listed above)
- High academic results
- Proven financial need
- Not a staff member of the Department of Public Works
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the DPW Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Latest academic records or progress reports (certified copies of)
- Tertiary admission letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Breakdown of tertiary fees per annum
- Certificate of good conduct (if applicable)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
Applications must be submitted to:
The Director General
Private Bag X65
(ATTN: The Bursary Administrator (Mr. C. Grove))
30 April 2017.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Public Works directly:
Contact Person: Mr C Grove (Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 012 406 1000/ 2000