ABOUT THE COMPANY – DIGBY WELLS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Digby Wells Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Digby Wells Environmental (Digby Wells) is a leading provider of environmental and social services to the South African and International mineral resources and energy industries.
Digby Wells and Associates (Pty) Ltd was formed by 3 partners, all of whom were from the Environmental Management Department of Rand Mines. The company was formed in 1995 and named after the late Mr Digby Wells, who was a role player in the South African environmental management field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Digby Wells bursary is aimed at Undergraduate (first, second and third year) and Postgraduate students.
The bursary is intended for students who wish to pursue a career in the Environmental Industry, within one of the following fields of study:
- Aquatic Health (BSc)
- Botany (BSc)
- Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Geography (BSc)
- Hydrogeology (BSc)
- Hydrology (BSc)
- Soil Science (BSc)
- Zoology (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance and a laptop. Students who are to be inducted into the company, will receive paid vacation work, on-site exposure, practical training and mentorship.
Students must be willing to sign an employment contract with Digby Wells before commencing their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic potential
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Wish to pursue a career within the Environmental Industry
- Passionate about working outdoors
- Want to make a difference to the environment
- Highly motivated
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Digby Wells Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- June/ July 2019 academic results or latest results if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance letter from your University
- Recommendation letter (NOT from a relative or family member)
- Testimonial from an education official (on the application form)
- Essay (on the application form)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Digby Wells Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 November 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Digby Wells directly:
Tel: 011 789 9495
Fax: 011 069 6801
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org