ABOUT THE COMPANY – FASKEN
We ( sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Fasken Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read full details.
Fasken is an international business law and litigation organisation, with branches in China, Canada, the UK and South Africa. The firm works alongside clients from all corners of the world, providing their expertise on legal issues. Clients are served in French, English and all of South Africa’s 11 official languages.
Fasken has been operating in Africa for more than 130 years. The companies South Africa founding partner began practicing as an Attorney in 1879 in Grahamstown. Today, the Johannesburg Fasken team are well versed in all of the growth and established industries in Africa, including healthcare, finance, mining, infrastructure, energy and technology.
In October 2012, Fasken successfully merged with Bell Dewar, a Johannesburg-based law firm and is now one of the biggest law firms on the African continent.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
Fasken are awarding full scholarships to LLB degree students (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
During the course of their studies, students will be required to partake in vacation work programmes. And on completion of their studies, may be required to accept clerkship articles within the firm.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Enrolled to study towards an Undergraduate or a Postgraduate LLB degree
- In your second-last (penultimate) year OR final year of study, in the year the scholarship is awarded
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 68% for previous years of study
- Financial need will be taken into consideration but is not a requirement
Students must also meet these criteria to apply:
- Be a well balanced person who is willing to put in hard work
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Be self motivated
- Show an interest in community projects
- Have the potential to become a Fasken attorney
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Apply online via the Fasken website at: https://fasken.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Content/Bursaries
Apply by selecting the “Bursaries” tab.
Before you can apply online, you will be required to Register an Account (https://fasken.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Register) and thereafter Sign In (https://fasken.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Login)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship
- Minimum of 2 letters of reference
Currently closed for application – please check back soon.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Fasken directly:
Tel: 011 586 6000