Official IEB NSC Supplementary Examinations 2023-2024
We are pleased as we inform the public about IEB NSC Supplementary Examinations 2023-2024
The Independent Examinations Board, or IEB, is a South African independent assessment agency which offers examinations for various client schools, mostly private schools. It is most prominent in setting examinations for the school-leaving National Senior Certificate, or NSC for its client schools
A learner has to qualify to write the supplementary examination. The learner must:
- If a candidate has not met the minimum promotion and certification requirements, but requires a maximum of two subjects to obtain the National Senior Certificate, he or she may:
- Register for a maximum of two subjects for the supplementary examination in the following year. These subjects, subject to sub (paragraph) regulation (c) of the Conduct of the examination document must be subjects that he or she sat for in the previous end-of-year examination. This option may only be exercised once by a part-time candidate, namely after completion of the National Senior Certificate, that is his or her final end-of-year examination.
- Register for Life Orientation, (which is) comprising an internally assessed component and a common task of assessment, as one of the two subjects to be registered for the supplementary examination in subregulation (a) of the Conduct of the examination document. The re-assessment of both components of Life Orientation must be completed within the period in which the supplementary examination is conducted.
- Candidates that repeat one or more subjects must be allowed to combine their subjects based on the current National Senior Certificate requirements to obtain a National Senior Certificate.
- In combining these subjects, the performance in the seven (7) subjects will be taken into consideration, provided that it meets the programme requirements of the National Senior Certificate.
- If a candidate is medically unfit and, as a result, is absent from one or more external examinations, he or she may register for the supplementary examination.
- A candidate that does not satisfy the minimum higher education faculty requirements or the requirements for the specific occupation in the end-of-year examination, may be allowed in terms of the following to register for the supplementary examination in the year following the end-of-year National Senior Certificate examination, in a maximum of two subjects –
- a candidate who is one requirement short in meeting the minimum admission requirements for Higher Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor’s degree programmes requiring a National Senior Certificate; or
- a candidate that provides documentary evidence that he or she qualifies for admission to a higher education institution or for an occupation, but does not satisfy the higher education faculty requirements or the requirements for the specific occupation. For this purpose, the end-of-year and the supplementary examinations will be regarded as one examination sitting.
- If there is a death in the immediate family of a candidate, or other special reasons for the candidate’s absence, he or she may register for the supplementary examination.
- The internal assessment of the Grade 12-year will be used, including practical or oral assessment marks where applicable, in order to meet the internal assessment and external examination requirements.
- In a case where an irregularity is being investigated, provisional enrolment for the supplementary examination may be granted to the candidate concerned, pending the outcome of the investigation.
- A candidate who did not write or complete the end-of-year examination with a valid reason has the opportunity to write the supplementary examination for the specific examination question paper that he or she did not write in the end-of-year-examination. However, should the candidate select to write the entire subject, even though he or she has been absent for one or more examination question papers, the candidate should be allowed to exercise this option.
If you have Questions, Corrections, contributions or suggestions relating to this post, kindly use the comment box below.