ABOUT THE COMPANY – IUCMA
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Area (IUCMA) was established in order to perform water resource management at local level. The IUCMA is responsible for supplying sufficient, equitable and quality water resources to residents within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The IUCMA will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing their studies within the following fields of study:
- Biochemistry (BSc)
- Botany (BSc)
- Chemistry (BSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc/ Bachelors Degree)
- Geohydrology (BSc)
- Geomorphology (BSc)
- Hydrology (BSc)
- Microbiology (BSc)
- Water Resource Management (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed study materials, meals, accommodation and a stipend.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 1 month of the deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in Mpumalanga Province (within IUCMA’s Water Management Area)
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned undergraduate fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% if currently studying at tertiary level
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Female students and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the IUCMA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected at IUCMA offices in Nelspruit, Piet Retief/ Usuthu and Bushbuckridge.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary admission/ provisional acceptance letter (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (from Local Municipality or Headman/ Chief)
- Research proposal if applicable
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Human Resource Division
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x11214
2) Hand delivery:
Floor Number 8
Corner Streak and Ferreira Street
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 January 2021 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) directly:
Contact People: Mr CS Sewela / Mr T Nkosi
Tel: 013 753 9000
Head office physical address: 13 Streak Street, Nelspruit, 1200