Maastricht University Euregion Refugee Scholarship
We are so happy to inform you about the Maastricht University Euregion Refugee Scholarship
UM recognizes that it can be difficult for students from refugee communities to access and succeed in higher education. In order to support these learners, the UM Euregion Refugee Scholarship programme offers tuition waivers per academic year for talented refugee students from the Meuse-Rhine Euregion who have been admitted to a master’s programme at UM.
The applicant should have a strong motivation to pursue a master’s degree at Maastricht University, possess a refugee residence permit in Belgium or Germany and currently live in the Euregion. The scholarship consists of a partial tuition waiver to cover the difference between statutory tuition fees and institutional tuition fees.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and are a refugee in Belgium or Germany.
- You can proof that you reside in the Euregion.
- You are willing to sign a consent form that you will not move to the Netherlands and agree to commute to Maastricht University.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2024-2025 academic year. Please note that the master’s programmes Medicine and Physician-Clinical Investigator are not eligible for the UM Euregion Refugee Scholarship.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands.
The scholarship consists of:
Tuition fees award:
€16,000 -/- €2,314 = €13,686*
€18,400 -/- €2,314 = €16,086*
Tuition fees student: €2,314*
Pre-academic training: At cost
Step 1: Register for a master’s programme Maastricht University.
Step 2: Please send your application together with the required documents via email.
Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents are up-to-date:
Application form. Please fill out the application form to apply for the scholarship.
Letter of motivation.
Proof of academic excellence.
Proof of registration at your current address.
A copy of your residence permit in Belgium or Germany.