Explore Exciting Meat Cutter and Meat Worker Jobs in Canada for 2024! Find Opportunities to Build Your Career in the Meat Processing Industry
Maple Leaf Foods is one of the biggest food-producing companies in Canada. They are dedicated to sending high-quality foods to customers all over the world. They want industrial meat cutters to work with us at our plant in Brandon, Manitoba. The meat cutter/worker has to work with others in the Chicken and Beef Products Sections to make things like nuggets, chunks, fillets, and other snack and breakfast items.
Major medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, as well as participation in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan, are all benefits that are paid for by the company. For the LMIA, you need to have worked as a butcher or meat cutter for at least two years. You can get a permanent, full-time job. Here are four great ways for people from other countries to get a visa or move to Canada. Reading the post below will help you understand how Maple Foods’ great benefits package and Visa sponsorship stack up against the simple job tasks and requirements.
The Art of Meat Cutting
Understanding the Role
To become a meat cutter, you need to be good with knives and know how to use them correctly. These people are in charge of cutting up big pieces of meat into smaller pieces for customers in stores, restaurants, and trade markets.
You need to be good with knives, know how to make different cuts, be good at handling meat, and be able to make sure food is safe and of good quality.
The Demand for Meat Cutters in Canada
A lot of different kinds of food are eaten in Canada, and a lot of meat items are eaten there. Because of this, there is a steady need for people who can cut and package different kinds of meat.
The Role of a Meat Cutter
In the food business, meat cuts are very important. They are in charge of getting the meat ready to sell, making sure it’s of good quality, and following rules for safety and cleanliness. This job is more than just cutting up meat; it takes skill and accuracy.
Details of Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker Jobs in Canada
|Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker
|Minimum Experience Required
|Any Age Limit
|Permanent and Full-Time (Subject to Visa Extension)
Requirements of Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker Jobs in Canada (LMIA Approved)
- High school graduate; education after high school is seen as an advantage
- Two years of work as a butcher or meat cutter can be proven. Working in an industrial or manufacturing plant is an asset.
- Working in cool, warm, wet, and dry situations is something you should be able to do.
- The person must be able to stand for long periods of time and do physical tasks over and over again. Experience working with and being committed to good manufacturing practices is an advantage.
- It’s helpful to have experience making food in a fast-paced setting.
- Being able to work in an organized, multi-cultural setting without feeling uncomfortable is a must.
- Must be able to communicate and get along with others well, and they must be committed to always getting better.
- Use knives and other tools to take apart hog meat so that it can be processed further.
- Make sure that safe and clean methods are used for all jobs, as required by company rules
- Admin Assistant Jobs in Singapore for Freshers – How to Apply!
Benefits of Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker Jobs in Canada
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Maple Pension Scheme
- Production Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Attendance Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Further increases as per Collective Agreement
Job Duties of a Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker at Maple Foods
- Working together as a group, you will process hogs to make fresh and frozen food.
- Help with different tasks in the department you’re given.
- Stay in sync with the speed of the line.
- Assembly line work is a big part of most jobs on the barn, including dressing, cutting, and packaging floors.
- You will need to use a knife and other tools.
Who can Apply for Meat Cutter/ Meat Worker Jobs in Canada?
Anyone from Asia, Africa, or Latin America can apply for meat cutter or meat worker jobs in Canada (LMIA-approved) with employee benefits. These countries usually look to Canada and other European countries for jobs in the future.
- The Grenadines
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert or its categorization then please Comment below we will respond ASAP.