ABOUT THE COMPANY – MHLATHUZE WATER
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Mhlathuze Water Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Mhlathuze Water (MW), established in 1980, is a state-owned entity which reports to the Department of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, a sector of the South African government.
The organisation provides bulk water services, including raw (untreated) water; clarified (partially treated) water; purified water supply; industrial and domestic waste water disposal and scientific services. They provide all of these services to citizens in a sustainable and affordable manner. The company receives its water supply from 3 main sources: Mhlathuze River, Lake Mzingazi and Lake Nsezi.
MW is located in Richards Bay and operates in KwaZulu-Natal, mainly in the following municipalities: Umkhanyakude District Municipality, King Cetshwayo District Municipality and Zululand District Municipality. MW’s biggest clients include: City of uMhlathuze, Richards Bay Minerals, Foskor and Mondi.
ABOUT THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Mhlathuze Water are inviting students to submit their applications for a bursary award. The company will award 3 bursaries, to first and second year students, for studies in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Information Systems (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Computer Science (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Bachelor of Commerce
MORE ABOUT THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The comprehensive bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books and accommodation. Students will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive feedback within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary recipients will be selected based on the eligibility criteria and the companies employment equity plan. All applications will be reviewed equally, regardless of gender, race, religion etc. Mhlathuze Water reserves the right not award the bursary, if suitable candidates are not found.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in possession of a valid South African ID document
- You must be under 25 years old
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- You must be registered or provisionally accepted to study at a public tertiary instiute in South Africa (private universities will NOT be sponsored)
- You must meet entry requirements for your chosen field
- You must be entering your 1st or 2nd year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your current studies
- Preference will be given to students who reside in communities within the supply area of Mhlathuze Water, in KwaZulu-Natal (Umkhanyakude District Municipality, King Cetshwayo District Municipality and Zululand District Municipality)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Matric latest exam results, if currently Matric
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Full academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level
- Proof of home address
- Short motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary and which academic year you are applying for (first or second year)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
HR Training & Development Officer
Private Bag X1047
2) Hand delivery:
Corner of South Central Arterial and Battery Bank
Please use the following reference on your application: Amanzi Bursary 2021.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
28 May 2021 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Mhlathuze Water directly:
Tel: 035 902 1000
or submit your query via their contact form: https://www.mhlathuze.co.za/enquire/
Please do NOT contact Mhlathuze Water if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 20 May 2021.