ABOUT THE COMPANY – NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality (NMBM), formed in 2001, is one of South Africa’s eight metropolitan municipalities. The “Category A” municipality was named in honour of Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s former President.
The NMBM, situated within the Eastern Cape, on the shores of Algoa Bay, covers Port Elizabeth, as well as the neighbouring towns Despatch and Uitenhage and nearby rural area.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
As a way of addressing the South African skills shortage, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality are offering bursaries to students planning to study an Engineering qualification at a tertiary institution.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (Bsc)
- Electrical Engineering (Bsc)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bsc/ BEng)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The NMBM bursary will cover the following study expenses: tuition fees, residential accommodation, food and a monthly allowance.
Bursary recipients will also have access to skills development opportunities, which includes workplace learning and experience. When bursars are required to take part in experiential training, they will receive an allowance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality – the period of employment will be equal to the duration of the bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Have achieved an exemption for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Engineering degrees
- Studying or intend on studying at a South African university
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be collected from one of the following locations:
– Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth (at the Reception on Ground Floor) (previously Brister House)
– Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth (on the 9th floor from Ms Sinazo Rambuza)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results (if currently in Matric) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results (if completed Matric) (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ admission to study at a South African university
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
P O Box 116
Attn: Executive Director: Infrastructure and Engineering
2) Hand delivered:
Lillian Diedericks Building
Govan Mbeki Avenue
Attn: Miss Sinazo Rambuza
Please note: faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted
28 September 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality directly:
Skills Development Office
Tel: 041 506 3425