ABOUT THE COMPANY – POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Polokwane Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Polokwane Municipality, situated within the Capricorn District in Limpopo, is the economic hub of the province. Previously known as Pietersburg, Polokwane means “place of safety” in Northern Sotho.
The Polokwane Local Municipality is home to over 500 000 residents, of which most reside in rural areas.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Polokwane Municipality are awarding bursaries to their resident students who wish to study towards a degree or diploma qualification. There are no specified fields of study – all students from the Polokwane region, who meet the below criteria, should apply.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Permanently reside within the Polokwane Municipality
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time towards your first degree or national diploma qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at a public University/ University of Technology/ TVET College
- From a disadvantaged background
- In financial need
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Polokwane Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional admission to study full-time at a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of residence (from an authorized traditional leader/ ward councilor)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (certified copies of latest payslips if employed/ latest financial statements if self-employed/ certified death certificates if deceased/ affidavit confirming that one parent is not working if only one parent is bringing in an income)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered:
Cnr Landros Mare and Bodenstein Street
(9th Floor Office 908/ Ground Floor)
P O Box 111
11 November 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Polokwane Municipality directly:
Tel: 015 290 2504 / 015 290 2029