ABOUT THE COMPANY – UWC & SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is a public university, established in 1960 by the South African government. The university is situated in the suburb of Bellville, in Cape Town, South Africa and was initially formed as a university for Coloured people only.
UWC is a learning institute for around 23 000 students who are pursuing their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across these 7 faculties: Education, Economic and Management Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Law, Community Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Dentistry.
ABOUT THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, RENEWAL & SELECTION
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) are inviting students to apply for the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is open to undergraduate students in ALL fields of study, for studies at UWC.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year, and will be renewable based on the student achieving satisfactory academic results, financial need and overall attitude.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview with the trustees, before final selection is made.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying at UWC in the 2022 academic year
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification in any field
- You must be in financial need
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achievements in the following areas: leadership, sport, community service and culture
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary or scholarship funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
New bursary applicants must download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Current bursary recipients must download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Affidavit (.pdf) – trustees will then determine if the students financial position remains the same.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2021 academic year (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2020 & 2019 academic years (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians, spouse or your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, audited financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension slips if applicable)
- Current Matriculants: motivational letter by your school principal, stating why the principal thinks you should be awarded the bursary
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Ms Esther Seleke: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SHEILA BRAND EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
30 September 2021 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of the Western Cape (UWC) directly:
Contact person: Ms Esther Seleke
Please do NOT contact UWC if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 18 June 2021.