ABOUT THE BURSAR
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Southern African Weed Science Society Bursary 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS) was formed in 1978 as a professional society for managers and scientists in the weed science field and closely related fields.
The mission of the SAWSS is to increase weed science studies in Southern Africa, to control weeds that damage crop production and are detrimental to natural resources. The SAWSS are constantly seeking ways to eliminate weeds in the most efficient, economical and environmentally friendly way possible.
The SAWSS bursary is for students who have completed an undergraduate degree and are going on to study within the weed science field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The SAWSS bursary is intended for postgraduate students within the field of Weed Science.
Two bursaries are awarded each year to the value of R25 000 each.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- From one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, DRC, Angola, Mozambique, Mauritius, Tanzania, Seychelles and Swaziland),
- Registered to study for a full-time postgraduate degree in weed science,
- Studying at a recognised South African university,
- Paid up student member of the SAWSS,
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% in previous year of study toward the postgraduate degree.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SAWSS Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary academic records (on tertiary letterhead),
- Letter of recommendation from their supervisor,
- Two letters of reference,
- Motivational letter (written by the student, of between 300 and 400 words, explaining their interest in weed science),
- A completed SAWSS Membership Form (pdf).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
The SAWSS Secretary
PO Box 180
30 September 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact: